|December 22 1974, Roman-Neamt, Romania |
Journalism, Public Relations and Advertisement – BBC, specialising courses at the Thompson Foundation and the University of South Carolina
Computer Programming – Iasi University
Mathematics & Physics – Roman College
Communications Director and Program Director for Prime Time World Broadcast – International TV Production Company in Madrid, with 5 prime time shows for the Romanian National Television (TVR1) and Antena 1 private channel, all of them having the largest audience in Romania in their field.
Master of Ceremonies for the principal international festivals in Romania : Eurovision, Mamaia, The Golden Stag, National Sport Gala, Junior Eurovision Song Contest International 2006;
- Main owner & General Manager of the holding:
- A&C Partners Advertisement & Talents Agency
- A&D Partners Advertisement & Talents Agency
- A&A Partners 2004
- A&S Partners 2004
For 3 consecutive years Shpecial Reporter covering the Academy Awards -Oscar in LA (1998/1999) for TVR. · Special interviews with: Valerio Massimo Manfredi (the writer of the trilogy Alexander the Great), Harrison Ford, Paulo Coelho, Liam Neeson, Sylvie Vartan, Mike Myers, Eric Roberts, Martin Landau, Julio Iglesias Jr., Byonce (Destiny’s Child), Liza Minnelli, Eric Braeden (Young&Restless), Gary Marsall (director of "Pretty woman"), Mickey Ronnie, John Savage, Mike Fenton, Martin Lawrence, Oscar winner Sally Kirkland, Oscar winner make-up artist Ve Neill, Richard Clayderman, Larry Hagman, Los del Rio, Samantha Fox, Brigitte Nelson, Alasan Sisters etc.
Exclusive interviews recorded at the Metropolitan Opera in New York with Placido Domingo, Angela Gheorghiu and Peter Gelb, General Manager at the famous opera house mentioned above. The three personalities have sent a supporting message for the charity campaign “Romania for the Children of Europe”.
Special interviews with various personalities in Romania, including the Romanian President;
Program Director and MC of the traditional show called “The Most Loved Romanian People”, in which the National Television offers The Trophy to each of the following fields: Sports, Theatre, Music, Humour, Children Characters, and Audio-Video Media etc.
The prizes are offered as a result of a national survey, made by a prestigious independent institute. Andreea Marin is the winner of The Trophy at “The Most Loved Media Woman” section.
For 3 years the Editor and Anchor of the main News program in Romania, on TVR (Romanian Public Television).
13 years of experience working as a reporter and master of ceremonies for the Romanian National Television, for the first time at TVR-Iasi at the age of 19 (Master of Ceremonies).
Documentaries around the world:
- 1st Romanian Journalist to climb Kilimanjaro, the Roof of Africa, and Co-Producer of the documentary “Kilimanjaro 2001” for TVR – the best audience on 1st December 2001 – the National Day of Romania
- Producer and Host of the “Andreea Marin in Hollywood” documentary - 12 episodes.
- Producer of “Thailand- Academy of Tourism” documentary, which was awarded at “Gaudeamus Book Market”, CD Press Awards, 2004
- Producer of “The secrets of Cuba” documentary 2004, aired by TVR 1 on the 27th of December in prime-time.
- Co-producer of “812 Falcons of Carpathians” - documentary made in Iraq in 2005
- "Captain of the National Geographic Channel", hosting, for the first time in Romania, the newest episodes of the documentary series Air Crash Investigation on this channel.
- Andreea Marin Banica was appointed the first National Goodwill Ambassador for UNICEF Romania.
- 2007 - initiator, co-producer, project manager, promoter, host of UNICEF GALA 60 , the first tv big event for UNICEF in Romania.
- During UNICEF GALA 60, broadcasted live for 4 hours a large amount of money was collected - almost 670.000 Euros. The campaign was developed until 8th March 2007, the final amount of money collected was 700.000 Euros, the record in Romania for a tv campaign
- September 2007 - RED CROSS GALA in the benefit of elderly needy persons- Andreea Marin Banica - the event Director and the host
- during Red Cross Gala, broadcast live for 4 hours a large amount of money was collected - almost 320.000 Euros.
- from October 2007 - Silgard Ambasador for Romania - humanitarian cause “fight against uterus cancer”
- April 2006 – host for the third edition of UNICEF GALA, one of the most important charitable events of the year. Over 450 guests from the business, social-cultural, political and mass-media fields contributed to collecting a big sum for children. The edition turned into the greatest event organized by UNICEF Romania so far.
- April 2006- initiator, image and spokeswoman for “Cherish the Life” humanitarian campaign, launched for the benefit of children affected by floods in the south-east part of Romania. The campaign was initiated by the Romanian National Television and UNICEF Romania. The result: around 300,000 $ to support the affected area in the benefit of the children.
Initiator of a unique campaign in Romania called “Cherish the Life” and dedicated to sustain the Romanian Health-Care System for the benefits of the people suffering of Leukaemia. The campaign was awarded with Mass- Media prize in 2004.
- Initiator of the "Smile for Asia" fund raising campaign in partnership with Romanian Public Television, for the benefit of the Asian Tsunami crisis victims, especially children and for decreasing the damages - final result of the national fundraising: 750,000 $. Andreea went back to Asia with a transport of medicines for UNICEF Bangkok and made a new documentary in Thailand called "Smile for Asia". In this campaign, she sold her first documentary made in Thailand one year before the Tsunami, called "Thailand - Academy of Tourism" for the benefit of the campaign.
- Host of the charity show “Romania for the Children of Europe” 2006, organized by the Romanian National Television. The TV show was part of a large charitable action, supported by the Romanian Government, in order to raise funds for the children in need from Romanian and European orphanages; during this action 1,100,000 Euro were raised;
- Promoter and spokeswoman of the palliative care Campaign for suffering persons – MOBILMED – March 2005
- Promoter and spokeswoman of the Campaign for future mothers education, initiated by “Healthy children “ Foundation – Sept. 2005
- Promoter and spokeswoman of the Campaign against the AIDS discrimination, initiated by UNICEF Romania - September 2005
- Spokeswoman and image of "A Healthy Reproduction" campaign, initiated by USAID and The Romanian Ministry of Health
- As a result of “The most successful 50 women in Romania”, study made by the prestigious Magazine “Capital”, Andreea Marin Banica was - as a first entry - on the first place in the top of the most successful media women in Romania ( and on the 29th place in the general hierarchy).
- “The Crystal Globe for Elegance”, offered by Beau Monde Magazine
- Within the “Woman of the Year Awards” 2004: “The Most Popular Woman of the Year”, “Best spokeswoman”, “Femininity and Charitable Soul Award”
- As a result of the polls made by FHM (For Him) Magazine, “The Sexiest Romanian Woman” for two consecutive years; the same title in 2001 for TV MANIA Magazine; the show “Surprises, Surprises”, directed and moderated by Andreea Marin, won the title “The best social-entertainment show” for 6 consecutive years.
- 2 awards won at “ Woman of Success Gala 2006”:
- Special award
- Feminine Symbol for Charity
- The Best TV Host
- Member of International Police Officers Association
- june 2007 - the first secondary role for New Films International – Los Angeles (the movie “A beautiful life” will be on the big screen next year)